Useful travel and parking links
- Lothian Buses - the main bus company in Edinburgh, where you can find details of all the routes, prices and also contains a handy journey planner.
- Edinburgh Trams - includes timetables to help you get too and from Edinburgh Airport with ease.
- National Rail - get up to date train times and book tickets.
- Car Parking - information on location of car parking bays near the flats, and also up to date information about charges.
Restaurants and cafes near the flats
- Artisan Roast - part of the Atisan Roast café chain. Located on Bruntsfield Place (just across the Meadows from the flats).
- The Birchwood - specialise in freshly cooked food, homebaking and coffee. Located on Marchmont Road.
- Brochan - eatery specialising in dishes made from oats. Located on Marchmont Crescent.
- Butterflies Café - eatery within Marchmont St Giles. Located on Kilgraston Road.
- Café Grande - serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and more. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- Edinburgh Coffee Cake - serving traditional, vegan or gluten-free cakes. Located on South Clerk Street.
- La Barantine - breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea with an inimitable French touch. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- The Pavillion Café - based right on the edge of the Meadows.
- Red Box Coffee - coffee shop located on Spottiswood Road.
What's coming up in Edinburgh and the surrounding area
There's always lots happening in Edinburgh, here we give a quick run down of some of the key events coming up over the next couple of months:
- Scottish Real Ale Festival (5th to 7th July) - showcasing the best real ales that Scotland's breweries have to offer
- Edinburgh International Jazz and Blues Festival (13th to 22nd July) - outdoor concerts with international artistes
- The Scottish Car Show (15th July) - biggest show in the country for motoring enthusiasts
- The Scottish Horse Show (17th July) - almost 100 classes and many who qualify for Horse of the Year Show
- Edinburgh Art Festival (26th July to 26th August) - bringing together the capital's leading galleries and art spaces
- Foodies Festival (3rd to 5th August) - join some top chefs for great food, music and fun
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo (3rd to 25th August) - spectacular event set against the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival (3rd to 27th August) - world's biggest celebration of the arts
- Edinburgh International Festival (3rd to 27th August) - performances by internationally renowned artists, classical music, theatre, opera and dance
- Edinburgh International Book Festival (11th to 27th August) - the world's biggest book festival
- MacMillan Art Show (24th to 26th August) - aim of the Show is to raise funds for the work of MacMillan Cancer Support
- Wereto - useful comprehensive list of things to do in Edinburgh and beyond.