Useful travel and parking links
- Lothian Buses - the main bus company in Edinburgh, where you can find details of all the routes, prices and also contains a handy journey planner.
- Edinburgh Trams - includes timetables to help you get too and from Edinburgh Airport with ease.
- National Rail - get up to date train times and book tickets.
- Car Parking - information on location of car parking bays near the flats, and also up to date information about charges.
Restaurants and cafes near the flats
- Artisan Roast - part of the Atisan Roast café chain. Located on Bruntsfield Place (just across the Meadows from the flats).
- The Birchwood - specialise in freshly cooked food, homebaking and coffee. Located on Marchmont Road.
- Brochan - eatery specialising in dishes made from oats. Located on Marchmont Crescent.
- Butterflies Café - eatery within Marchmont St Giles. Located on Kilgraston Road.
- Café Grande - serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and more. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- Edinburgh Coffee Cake - serving traditional, vegan or gluten-free cakes. Located on South Clerk Street.
- La Barantine - breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea with an inimitable French touch. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- The Pavillion Café - based right on the edge of the Meadows.
- Red Box Coffee - coffee shop located on Spottiswood Road.
What's coming up in Edinburgh and the surrounding area
There's always lots happening in Edinburgh, here we give a quick run down of some of the key events coming up over the next couple of months:
- Edinburgh Art Festival (26th July to 26th August) - bringing together the capital's leading galleries and art spaces
- Edinburgh Military Tattoo (3rd to 25th August) - spectacular event set against the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival (3rd to 27th August) - world's biggest celebration of the arts
- Edinburgh International Festival (3rd to 27th August) - performances by internationally renowned artists, classical music, theatre, opera and dance
- Edinburgh International Book Festival (11th to 27th August) - the world's biggest book festival
- MacMillan Art Show (24th to 26th August) - aim of the Show is to raise funds for the work of MacMillan Cancer Support
- Edinburgh Antiques and Collectors Fair (1st and 2nd September, and 24th and 25th November) - large antiques fair held at the Royal Highland Centre
- Pedal for Scotland (9th September) - 45 mile sponsored charity bike ride from Glasgow to Edinburgh on closed roads
- The Kilt Walk (16th September) - Take a walk around Edinburgh for your chosen charity. Choose from the Mighty Stride, the Big Stroll or the Wee Wander
- Edinburgh Coffee Festival (6th October) - celebration of Scotland's coffee scene, held at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange
- Edinburgh Short Film Festival (26th October to 10th November) - programme of short cinema, featuring 29 UK premieres and 32 short films
- Festival of Wine (3rd November) - event hosted by wine writer and publisher Tom Cannavan - an unmissable day for wine lovers
- Men's 10K run (4th November) - run in aid of The Prince and Princess of Wales Hospice. It starts on the Royal Mile ending at BT Murrayfield Stadium
- Cocktails in the City (9th and 10th November) - brings all the city's leading bars under one roof
- Edinburgh's Christmas (16th November to 5th January 2019) - series of events centred around Princes Street Gardens
- EH6 Festival (23rd to 25th November) - music, craft stalls, art exhibitions, food from all over the world, a beer market, entertainment and more
- Christmas Charity Festival (1st and 2nd December) - over 30 stalls, runs, Christmas Walk and more. Family fun whilst supporting deserving charities
- Edinburgh Santa Run (9th December) - The 2.5k event will start at 1pm. Special prizes for the best dressed pushchairs and best dressed dogs
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay (30th December to 5th January 2019) - series of new year events including the torchlight procession and the Hogmanay party!
- Wereto - useful comprehensive list of things to do in Edinburgh and beyond.