Useful travel and parking links
- Lothian Buses - the main bus company in Edinburgh, where you can find details of all the routes, prices and also contains a handy journey planner.
- Edinburgh Trams - includes timetables to help you get too and from Edinburgh Airport with ease.
- National Rail - get up to date train times and book tickets.
- Trainline - A train and coach app, working with rail and coach companies across Europe, allowing you to book your travel in one place.
- Car Parking - information on location of car parking bays near the flats, and also up to date information about charges.
Restaurants and cafes near the flats
- The Birchwood - specialise in freshly cooked food, homebaking and coffee. Located on Marchmont Road.
- Brochan - eatery specialising in dishes made from oats. Located on Marchmont Crescent.
- Butterflies Café - eatery within Marchmont St Giles. Located on Kilgraston Road.
- Café Grande - serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and more. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- Edinburgh Coffee Cake - serving traditional, vegan or gluten-free cakes. Located on South Clerk Street.
- La Barantine - breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea with an inimitable French touch. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- The Pavillion Café - based right on the edge of the Meadows.
- Red Box Coffee - coffee shop located on Spottiswood Road.
Best tour groups in and around Edinburgh
- Timberbush Tours - with over 20 years experience they run a series of 1 to 4 day tours throughout Scotland and Northern England. Depart daily from Edinburgh.
- City Explorers - run a series of walking tours in and around Edinburgh including a number of free tours.
- Edinburgh Bus Tours - offer a wide range of hop-on and hop-off bus tours around Edinburgh with something for everyone.
- City Of The Dead Tours - series of walks through underground Edinburgh, bringing history to life through storytelling.
- Local Eyes Tours - all tours are led by guides with inside local knowledge of the areas visited. Tours carried out across Scotland, offering authentic experiences.
- Rabbies - run bus tours throughout the UK, all run by experts and tested by travel-loving locals. A chance to visit the best of what Scotland has to offer.
What's coming up in Edinburgh and the surrounding area
There's always lots happening in Edinburgh, here we give a quick run down of some of the key events coming up over the next couple of months:
- The Art of African Metalwork (22 February to 25 August) - Discover the highlights of the museum's 19th and early 20th century collections from Africa
- Dirty Dancing (4 to 9 March) - Don't miss the chance to see this smash-hit on stage at the Festival Theatre
- My Fair Lady (5 to 9 March) - Southern Light presents My Fair Lady at the King's Theatre this March
- Scotland v Wales (9 March) - Live rugby action at BT Murrayfield as Scotland take on Wales during this year's 6 Nations
- MCN Scottish Motorcycle Show (9 - 10 March) - Displays by all the key manufacturers as well as events and competitions at the Royal Highland Centre
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (19-23 March) - An evening of unforgettable songs and performances at the Edinburgh Playhouse
- Edinburgh Rugby v Munster (30 March) - Support the team in their biggest game of the season at BT Murrayfield
- Edinburgh Science Festival (6 - 21 April) - The world's oldest science festival returns to Edinburgh, running across a host of different venues
- Edinburgh Comic Convention (6 - 7 April) - Features a selection of illustrators, traders and special guests. Held at the EICC
- Musselburgh Racecourse Easter Saturday (20 April) - Enjoy a day out at Musselburgh Racecourse this Easter weekend
- Beltane Fire Festival (30 April) - Celebrate the first signs of summer on Calton Hill with a mix of fire, drumming, dance and acrobatics
- Whisky Stramash (18 - 19 May) - Held at Surgeon's Hall this is a chance to same some of the finest whisky from Scotland and abroad
- Edinburgh Marathon Festival (25 - 26 May) - Seven races over the course of 2 days for all abilities. Taking place across Edinburgh and East Lothian
- Edinburgh International Children's Festival (25 May - 2 June) - Festival of performing arts for children of all ages. Takes place right across the city.
- Hidden Door Festival (30 May - 2 June) - Taking place at the Leith Theatre this is a weekend full of music, theatre, visual art and film
We'll be featuring some of these events in our blog - be sure to check it out!
- Wereto - useful comprehensive list of things to do in Edinburgh and beyond.