Useful travel and parking links
- Lothian Buses - the main bus company in Edinburgh, where you can find details of all the routes, prices and also contains a handy journey planner.
- Edinburgh Trams - includes timetables to help you get too and from Edinburgh Airport with ease.
- National Rail - get up to date train times and book tickets.
- Car Parking - information on location of car parking bays near the flats, and also up to date information about charges.
Restaurants and cafes near the flats
- Artisan Roast - part of the Atisan Roast café chain. Located on Bruntsfield Place (just across the Meadows from the flats).
- The Birchwood - specialise in freshly cooked food, homebaking and coffee. Located on Marchmont Road.
- Brochan - eatery specialising in dishes made from oats. Located on Marchmont Crescent.
- Butterflies Café - eatery within Marchmont St Giles. Located on Kilgraston Road.
- Café Grande - serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and more. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- Edinburgh Coffee Cake - serving traditional, vegan or gluten-free cakes. Located on South Clerk Street.
- La Barantine - breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea with an inimitable French touch. Located on Bruntsfield Place.
- The Pavillion Café - based right on the edge of the Meadows.
- Red Box Coffee - coffee shop located on Spottiswood Road.
Best tour groups in and around Edinburgh
- Timberbush Tours - with over 20 years experience they run a series of 1 to 4 day tours throughout Scotland and Northern England. Depart daily from Edinburgh.
- City Explorers - run a series of walking tours in and around Edinburgh including a number of free tours.
- Edinburgh Bus Tours - offer a wide range of hop-on and hop-off bus tours around Edinburgh with something for everyone.
- City Of The Dead Tours - series of walks through underground Edinburgh, bringing history to life through storytelling.
- Local Eyes Tours - all tours are led by guides with inside local knowledge of the areas visited. Tours carried out across Scotland, offering authentic experiences.
- Rabbies - run bus tours throughout the UK, all run by experts and tested by travel-loving locals. A chance to visit the best of what Scotland has to offer.
What's coming up in Edinburgh and the surrounding area
There's always lots happening in Edinburgh, here we give a quick run down of some of the key events coming up over the next couple of months:
- Searching for the Elixir of Life (3 January to 21 June) - Join the search for the Elixir of Life at the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- The Johann Strauss Gala (11 January) - Enjoy an enchanting evening featuring all your favourite waltzes and polkas at The Usher Hall
- Robots (18 January to 5 May) - Discover over 100 humanoid machines at this fascinating exhibition at the National Museum of Scotland
- Dome Nights (10 to 27 January) - Discover an immersive re-imagining of The Plants at Dynamic Earth
- Les Miserables (22 January to 19 February) - One of the world's most iconic musicals comes to the Festival Theatre
- Burns&Beyond (22 to 27 January) - A brand new festival celebrating culture being held across a number of venues throughout Edinburgh
- 6 Nations Rugby (2 February to 9 March) - Wrap up warm and cheer on the home team as Scotland tackle their opponents at BT Murrayfield
- The Lady Vanishes (18 to 23 February) - The King's Theatre hosts a new stage adaptation of the Hitchock classic thriller
- Jersey Boys (19 February to 2 March) - The internationally acclaimed stage sensation comes to the Edinburgh Playhouse
- The Art of African Metalwork (22 February to 25 August) - Discover the highlights of the museum's 19th and early 20th century collections from Africa
- Wereto - useful comprehensive list of things to do in Edinburgh and beyond.